- Consultants & Specialists
- Patient Information
- Contact Us
- GP & AHP Zone
Diagnostic imaging comprises a variety of radiology examinations which help to diagnose problems by producing detailed images of the internal structures of the body.
Diagnostic services at The Chelmsford Hospital, Essex provides:
• High levels of comfort and safety
• Competitive pricing and accepted by all major insurers.
• Images reported by a specialist Consultant Radiologist
• Friendly, experienced, qualified radiographers.
• Results are sent directly to your consultant or doctor within 48 hours
MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) scans use a magnetic field, radio waves and complex computer software to produce very detailed images of the human body, without the use of x-rays.
Multi-Parametric MRI scans are used to detect prostate cancer. This breakthrough MRI scan has the potential to reduce the risk of unnecessary biopsies. However, the results of the scan can also be used to enhance a TRUS biopsy if required making the procedure more effective.
X-rays are a widely used diagnostic tool, which help medical professionals to diagnose problems with bones and some soft tissues. X-rays use low levels of radiation to allow images of the inside of the body to be produced.
An ultrasound scan is a painless test that uses sound waves to create images of organs and structures inside your body. It is a very commonly used test and can be used in several different clinical specialities.