In October 2014 the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) published the Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order following its investigation into the private healthcare industry. The order placed requirements on private hospitals to disclose required information in relation to referring clinicians for the benefit of patients. Full details about the Order can be found on the CMA web page.
The Chelmsford Private Day Surgery Hospital provides the following services to Consultants and/or Referring Clinicians:
- Provided to ensure clinical safety, including in-house training such as Basic, Immediate and Advanced Life Support training.
- Operational services to ensure a smooth patient pathway as part of normal business such as patient admission, administrative and billing.
- Insurance and indemnity cover in respect of the treatment of national health service (NHS) patients
Basic workplace amenities
- Including tea and coffee
- Subsidised meals on-site to the extent that they are available to staff and persons working at the facility generally
- Stationary to the extent that they are available to staff and persons working at the facility generally
- Mail and post-room services to the extent that they are available to staff and persons working at the facility generally
General marketing and promotional services to be able to operate a commercial business, including but not limited to;
General corporate hospitality, proportionate and reasonable to the nature of the business including;
All Consultants with practicing privileges who use sessional outpatient room space are issued a Consulting Room License. The cost per hour for Consultants utilising rooms is £15 Monday-Friday and £20 Saturday. For GP’s and Allied Health Professionals the cost per hour is £12 Monday-Friday and £15 Saturday. Medico Legal appointments are charged at £20 per hour.
Where Consultants utilise fixed space within the facility (i.e. not on a sessional basis) this is charged to the Consultant under an Accommodation Agreement at £20/sqft/annum
Clinical advisory services
Dr Louise Teare, Consultant Clinical Microbiologist
A contract is in place for Clinical and Infection Prevention Control. The Chelmsford pays a fee of £500 per month for this 24 hour service.
Occupational Health Therapist
A contract is in place to support The Chelmsford with new starters and staff reviews. The Chelmsford pays a fee of £50 per member of staff for this service.